So, as I progress on this project, I have to consider how this potential body of work transgresses expectations.
This yarn is transgressive because:
• It is not made for the express purpose of knitting or looping in someway into a useful object.
• Its purpose to to be a sculptural object or a field for narrative/political photography.
• It paradoxically uses its traditional softness to express a hard/harsh/violent reality
• It uses its allusions to its life saving properties( warmth, padding, protecting) as a field of discussion about war and death
• It uses a "women's art" to discuss a "man's pursuit."