Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Decisions with dulcimer and cotton

Charka time at the old corral...and decisions made.

Cotton happens! I have been bored with my Dorset It is just SOOO WHITE! So, I have returned to cotton on the charka. But first I plied everything I had stored on little toilet paper tubes and bobbins in my basket. There was a lot of cotton there! Enough to weave with.And a lot of merino silk that I had spun on my beloved Bosworth spindle. That's a lovely three-ply in the middle. Which brings me to the first decision: The hammered dulcimer. I have had it for years. It is lovely, even if the back is cracked. It still makes lovely sounds. But, it must go to make room for the loom....and to pay for the loom legs. I decided that IF I could sell the dulcimer, I could afford to buy the legs for the rigid heddle loom, so it can be UP and available to weave upon at a moments notice! Smart, huh? SO the price, local pick up only, is $150. They are between $395 and $1000 new. So, such a deal.




Then there is another decision: I have decided to NOT be a vendor at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival this year. There was just too much on my plate. Maybe in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment